Thinking about getting new windows? Here are 15 questions to ask yourself about the current windows in your home to help determine if it is time for an upgrade:
- Comfort – Is my living space comfortable during hot summer days and cold winter nights?
- Energy Costs – Are my windows energy efficient? Will new windows lower my heating and cooling costs
- Glazing – Are my windows single pane, dualpane or tripane?
- Low-E Glass – Do my current windows and doors have Low-E (a microscopic coating that filters out harmful UV rays and increases thermal performance)?
- Fading – Are my interior furnishings fading as a result of sunlight coming through my windows?
- Drafts – When I am close to my windows do I feel cold drafts of air?
- Conditions – Are the components of my windows damaged, rotting or missing?
- Age – How old are the windows in my home?
- Condensation – At any point in the day, does condensation appear around the edges of the glass?
- Noise – Can I hear my neighbour’s stereo, cars driving by, or other sounds that are better left outside?
- Leaks – Can I feel any leaks around my windows? Is there evidence of water infiltration?
- Security – Do my windows close and lock tightly? Are the window frames sturdy enough to resist substantial force? Do I need opaque glass for privacy?
- Operation – Do all of my windows open and close smoothly?
- Appearance – I am content with the appearance of my windows? Do my windows match the architectural style of my home?
- Resale – Do I want to have new energy efficient windows that can increase curb appeal and the resale value of my home?
Have even more questions? Talk to your local JELD-WEN distributor. To find a dealer near you, use our handy dealer locator tool at: http://en.jeld-wen.ca/where_to_buy/